Friday, December 10, 2010

Guess what?! :D

Nope...it isn't chicken butt. I finished Kirby!!!
 

*kermit flail*

Kirby Plush Complete


Isn't he cute? He's as huggable as he looks.

He even has a tag which according to Captain (my sister) makes him "legit". :P


Kirby's Tag


His tag is thanks to Miss Label. They are very affordable and quick to respond. I got them faster than I thought as well. It's located on his left "butt" cheek.

One more photo with me so you can get an idea of just how big he is. Sorry about all my ugly, hopefully Kirby's cuteness can overpower me.


Me and Kirby


I used Seremere's Kirby Plush Tutorial, but well...it should be rather obvious I didn't follow it completely. Especially in materials. He's aaaalll fleece...and a looooooooooooot of thread and stuffing. I also took a lot of liberties while putting him together. Making Kirby was certainly a learning process and if you look at him closely enough you can see which part I sewed first. It's part of his flaws, but I guess I'll just say it makes him unique. When I do things that have a tutorial I never seem to be able to duplicate the results. I just hope the person I'm giving him to loves him. Problem is her favorite is really Meta Knight, but I am NOT going to drive myself crazy trying to make him when my next project already looks like a puzzle from hell. It's also my first attempt to make something without a pattern or tutorial, but dammit I'm going to do it if it kills me...which it just might. D: I will admit that making these feels a bit therapeutic for me. It's nice to watch things on my laptop and lovingly sew together each piece by hand and somehow they come together to make things like Nny and Kirby.

No comments:

Post a Comment